APTA Accredited Residency & Fellowship Programs
Customized therapy solutions for your patient
Advance your development as a physical therapist with our clinical residency programs. These intensive, yearlong trainings will prepare you to sit for board certification and equip you to meet the demands of advanced clinical practice.
The Select Medical Orthopedic Residency Program
Tuition is waived for full-time clinicians who commit to two years of employment with Select Medical's Outpatient Division family of brands.
Available in: Arizona, Connecticut, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Virginia
Accredited by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE), this year-long, multi-site program brings clinical mentors to you. Our board certified specialists work with each resident right in their own outpatient center, minimizing travel and providing a better learning experience.
Since its initial accreditation in 2012, the program has attained a graduation rate of more than 90%. Graduates have gone on to serve as residency faculty members, educators in academia and leadership positions within the physical therapy community. To apply, candidates must have an unencumbered license to practice in the state in which their mentoring will occur.
Our Partner Residency Programs
- Orthopedic Residency (St. Louis, MO) – A partnership of Saint Louis University and SSM Health Physical Therapy.
- Physical Therapy Residency in Women’s Health (Dallas, TX) – A partnership of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation and Texas Woman’s University.
- Residency in Neurologic Physical Therapy (Dallas and Houston, TX) – A partnership of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation and Texas Woman’s University.
- Sports Physical Therapy Residency (Dallas, TX) – Through Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation.
The Select Medical Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
Newly accredited by ABPTRFE in 2020, this 18-month program is also designed to meet the requirements of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists. Similar to our Orthopaedic Residency Program, tuition is waived for full-time clinicians who commit to two years of employment with Select Medical’s Outpatient Division family of brands, and uses a model in which the mentor travels to the fellow in training.
To apply for this program, the participant must possess at least one of the following additional qualifications for admission:
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) specialist certification in the related area of specialty as defined within the Description of Fellowship Practice (DFP), or
- Successful completion of an ABPTRFE-accredited residency in a related specialty area as defined within the DFP.
For more information, please contact [email protected].