AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Recover, prevent injury and enhance performance
KORT is pleased to offer athletes and patients the opportunity to experience the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® at the Norton Sports Performance & Rehab Center. The treadmill, along with our skilled therapists, can help you achieve your health and fitness goals by reducing stress to your feet, ankles, shins, knees, hips and back.
The AlterG uses NASA-based anti-gravity technology to help rehabilitate your lower extremities, prevent injury and enhance performance.
What to expect
The AlterG’s technology allows patients to run and walk longer distances without bearing their entire body weight. In fact, 80% of an individual’s body weight can be removed with the AlterG's unweighting capabilities on the lower extremities. This unrestricted, pain-free movement helps to reduce the impact on your body and achieve faster, better outcomes.
Additionally, the AlterG’s real-time gait analytics and live video feedback helps your KORT therapist to better understand your movement patterns and pinpoint exactly where your pain stops and natural movement feels good.
Based on your therapist’s findings and your personal goals, a customized treatment plan will be created using the AlterG and exercises that will help you to restore and build muscle strength, range of motion, balance and mobility.
Benefits of the AlterG therapy may include:
- Faster injury/surgery recovery
- Conditioning, both aerobic and sport-specific
- Less joint impact/stress during exercise and improved cardiovascular health
- Regain/maintain functionality and mobility
- Preserve natural body movement and aid with fall prevention
Good candidates for the AlterG therapy include:
- Post-operative rehabilitation patients and those with lower-body injuries
- Individuals seeking aerobic conditioning
- Athletes for sport-specific conditioning
- Neurologic patients
- Geriatric patients requiring strength and conditioning
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® can be used as part of your physical therapy treatment and is covered by insurance when medically necessary. If you are not actively in physical therapy at KORT, you can choose to purchase time on the AlterG privately to use.
For more information, call the Norton Sports Performance & Rehab location at 502-261-1950 today.